Large Item Collection
WHEN IS LARGE ITEM COLLECTION? Large items must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on the first Monday of each month and then the items will be picked up sometime between Monday and Friday of that week.
DO I NEED TO CALL TO HAVE MY ITEMS PICKED UP? You do not need to call but items must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on the first Monday of the month in order to be put on the schedule.
WHAT ITEMS CAN I SET OUT FOR PICK UP? Some common acceptable "large items":
- Tree Limbs No Longer Than 8' in Length and 6" in Diameter
- Household Trash too Large for Standard Collection
WHAT ITEMS CAN I NOT SET OUT FOR PICK UP? Some common unacceptable “large items”:
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Motor Vehicles or Motor Vehicle Parts
- Tree Limbs Over 8’ in Length and 6" in Diameter
- Tree Stumps
- Paint or Liquid Containers That Have Not Been Allowed to Dry Out
WHEN WILL MY ITEMS BE PICKED UP? It will take several days for our Maintenance Department to collect everything. They will go through one street at a time. After they have collected large item trash from your street, they will not come back through your neighborhood. If large items are not out on Monday, you will have to haul them away from the curb until next month.
HOW WILL MY ITEMS BE PICKED UP? Each load will be separated into different types of items. Please do not put items out in trash cans. Items may be bagged for large item and set out for pick-up, but we cannot dump trash cans at this time. Other items may just be set out. We ask that you separate your large items as follows:
- Metals (including appliances)
- Tree Limbs (no longer than 8' in length)
Household Trash (too large for standard trash collection)