Sandy Bottom Recycle Center
How it works:
Residents will be responsible for taking their own recyclable materials to the Recycle Center at Sandy Bottom Park (610 East College Street). Once at the drop-off location, residents will need to present proof of residency (B-Rec card or Driver’s License). Then the items will need to be placed into the appropriately labeled container. A staff member will be on-site to provide assistance.
Recycling Center Hours of Operation:
- Wednesday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Thursday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Saturday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Thanksgiving Day 11/25/2021
- Christmas Eve 12/24/2021
- Christmas Day 12/25/2021
- New Years Day 1/1/2022
Materials accepted in marked bins:
- #1 Plastic
- #2 Plastic - no motor oil containers
- #5 Plastic - no prescription bottles
- Aluminum Beverage Cans
- Steel and Bi-metal Cans
- Office Paper (Shredded or White)
- Newspaper and magazines
- Cardboard - Please break down boxes
- Plastic Bags
- Printer Cartridges (inkjet and laser)
- Hard Drives and Cell Phones
- Paper Shredding (secured bins stored for professional shredding)
- Glass - any color
We will be expanding the list, but we need to find reliable vendors first. We also hope to take a lot of those household items which are hard to dispose of, such as paint and batteries. But please give us a little time to get our bearings.
10 Trips completes each card.
For ages up to 10
DETAILS: First completed card wins "Ben" T-Shirt. Second completed card wins "Corey" T-Shirt. Third completed card wins "Daliyah" T-Shirt. Fourth completed card wins a coveted spot on our Wall of Fame.